Friday, June 18, 2010

A Year in Review

I'm preparing to get my blogging juices flowing once again. Here's the primer. A quick, down and dirty, non-comprehensive look at the past 6-8 months.

Truly one of my favorite places to run: on the frozen St. Croix River. As the river thawed this spring, I was saddened to see my running highway, by which I could run from downtown Stillwater to just north of our house, disappear. Next winter: a 20-25 mile run from Stillwater to Taylor's Falls!

The kids joined me on the river for an afternoon of river running and checking out the ice falls across from the Boom Site.


Runners in the first annual Full Moon River Run in January. In the entry way before taking off.


The day after Valentine's Day, Ryan Carter and I ran 55 miles through the Cities. For me, it was a great way to drive out the jitters before Marty traveled to Ethiopia.

One of our infamous Uno tournaments.

At the airport waiting for Marty and Lisa to board the place for Ethiopia. Still had five children at this time :)

And then there were.....SEVEN!

Friends from church greeting Marty and the girls at the airport on Feb 27

And thus began our families increased use of Kleenexes.


And clever ways to stay productive.

Finally, the Two Rivers Shuffle underground run hosted by Shawn Tracy (partially pictured) in May. 23 miles with Pete Grimes and Shawn running some of the most treacherous and single-tracked trails right in the heart of the Cities.




No comments: