Sunday, June 27, 2010

One Final Post

Tonight, my blog counter sent me an email.
I've now had 11,000 visits.
I greatly appreciate all those who read my blog.

I had intended to blog to publicly determine why I love to run long. After almost five years, I still don't think I am able to say definitively why.

The why is always there. I am always evaluating how running long affects the family, work, health, my attitude, my hope, my relationship with Christ. I'm always trying to determine the costs.

In the end, I continue to find that the benefits are still outweighing the costs.

Some of these posts have been running or race reports, with awful, boring details about pace, heart rate, food intake, and all those things we think are so important while running. But most of the posts have been about me fighting demons, joking about the mundane, talking about my wife and or kids, posting photos, and dreaming about the next long run.

Oh to continue to do what I memorized and used as my mantra for many a road race before running trails, "...and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame..."

No comments: