Thursday, April 10, 2008

Can You Give Me an Idea

My evening was filled with opening statements. We have a mock tort trial at the end of the month and tonight was a dry rehearsal of our opening statements. Fourteen students X 6 minutes each + critique = ONE LONG NIGHT. Then, a dash back home in record time to watch "The Office."

The final two law courses in my law school life are just sucking my blogging energy dry. All I want to do tonight is pour a small glass of Grand Marnier, watch a little t.v. and continue reading about Ceausescu in "Red Horizons."

But no, who should turn to me and respond to my simple, non-technical concerned question about her computer,
"I can't update the software on my computer tonight. It will shut everything down, and I won't be able to get anything done."
"Get anything done? Like what?"
"I'm going to work on my blog. I'm feeling sarcastic tonight."

Since then, she's been typing and giggling nonstop.   I've since poured a glass and am waiting to hear what she'll write.  I asked her for a suggestion to get my ideas going tonight, but I don't think she noticed.

No comments: