Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bumper Stickers

There are 4 things I would like to place/stick/tape to my car.  

1. A William Mitchell sticker.  That's pure pride. I'll wrestle with it a little longer.

2. One of those IXO.... fish stickers that says I'm a Christian.  Actually, what it says is that I'm not just a peace-loving, all inclusive, Jesus loves everyone Christian, but a REAL Christian.  Maybe even a "thinking" Christian.  That's pure pride.  I'll wrestle with it a little longer.

3.  An ultra runner sticker.  Maybe from a race.  Maybe there's a clever one out there that says, "Hey, I call your 26.2 mile sticker and raise you 73.8 miles!"  That's pure pride.  I should wrestle with it a little longer.

4.  This one requires an explanation.  There has been tremendous controversy about torture by America.  I don't think we're all that bad.  Here's why: 
a. I contend that abortion is unadulterated torture.  The UN and Amnesty International definitions might be too specific to include abortion.  However, abortion fits the International Red Cross' definition of torture.  
b. Only 3% of all abortions are performed in the United States. See, "Abortion Creates a Mission Field," by Abraham Piper.
So, we're not not torturing as much as we think.
Still, I'm going to put a sticker on my car [or tape it to a window] that says:

ABORTION = TORTURE

I'll only wrestle with how to attach it.

1 comment:

Waldemar Family said...

Your blog is now located under "favorites" on my computer with the few other blogs I enjoy! Very interesting reading.