Friday, September 4, 2009

Brooks Cascadia 4 - The Dream Lives On

The new Brooks Cascadia 4s sitting on my office desk, pleading to go out for a spin.

It's been a long time since I purchased a new pair of running shoes. The last 4, 5, maybe 6 pairs have been the Brooks Cascadia, designed by Scott Jurek.

I've never met Scott. I have met Anton. I was impressed. I blogged about the event last fall. I've never met Dean.

And Dean also designed a shoe. I wore his shoe during my very first ultra run.

Last night, after consulting with Marty about such a purchase, I pushed the Purchase Now button on the Zappos.com website at 9:53 pm. Brooks Cascadia 4, size 10.5. All the kids thought the grey ones were the best - except for Grace. She liked the yellow ones. I did too.

Today, at 10am, the UPS truck delivered these. Unbelievable. A new pair of shoes, transported from KY to our doorstep in 12 hours. And I paid no shipping charges.

I'm tempted to run in these tomorrow morning, but I really want the new shoe smell to last a little longer!

I know we all have our favorite shoe that we've grown to love. However, let me encourage you to try the Brooks Cascadia; either the 3 or the 4. It's lightweight, flexible, has great traction on the trail, drains well, dries well, cleans up well, has a forefoot rockshield (surprisingly few trail shoes have this), and it comes in a variety of fun, green-friendly colors.

1 comment:

Julie Ann Fee said...

see, we do have so much in common! Nice shoes Joel. :)