Saturday, August 8, 2009

Moon Running

It was a full moon this week.

In June, I was looking forward to running FANS under a full moon. Instead, it was overcast and raining.

When I saw the moon get bigger over the past week, I just knew I had to get a night run in under the full moon. It was a busy week, so an early morning run was not possible. But, a night run could be.

So, on Wednesday, I decided that Thursday was the night; begin at 9pm, back home around 1am. Somewhere between 14 and 20 miles, depending on how much walking.

I had forgotten that I had promised Emma to take her driving on Thursday night. Argg. Maybe she wouldn't remember. Maybe she wouldn't mind putting it off again.

When I told her we wouldn't be able to go because of my run, she responded maturely. Better than I would have.

Marth went out on an "ultra" training run Thurday at 5pm. It's her first attempt to take my advice that 1) she run only twice a week: a really long, slow, "ultra" style run, and 2) she run slower, enjoy herself more and not get caught up in maximizing every minute while out.

When she got home at 8, I decided to pass on the moon run and take my daughter driving. The moon wasn't all that visible anyway, and Emma did a great job on "figure eights," "right turns from stop" and "right turns while moving."

I'll try to get a moon run in next month; more precisely, on September 4, 2009. Thanks, MoonPhase App on the iPhone!

1 comment:

Julie Ann Fee said...

maybe you are like part werewolf (if thats how you spell it) with all this full moon talk.....