Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another Dean & Me

I've an actual friend named Dean. Not THE Dean, but a Dean.
Dean, if you read this, you are actually more valuable to me than THE Dean.
THE Dean, if you read this, I'm certain that you would also be a valuable friend if you lived closer than the West Coast. Rest assured that you have inspired me.

Dean and his wife came over this afternoon to discuss parenting, swim, talk and eat pizza. Unbeknownst to me, my wife had told them to bring overnight supplies in case they wanted to spend the night; they live on the other side of the Cities, which is basically in South Dakota. Plus, we attend church together in the Cities, and so we could all get up together and head out to church.

Well, here it is, 9:41. Lots of good parenting talk, good pizza, and now dessert downtown. Evidently the Dock closes in 10 minutes. 9:50? That's way to early for such a classy restaurant.
We'll try Marx and then, if that doesn't work, the old faithful... Cub Foods.

1 comment:

keith said...

I suggest "Born To Run." By Chris Mcdougall...

Very interesting read.