Saturday, March 1, 2008

Running in CO

I ran on a treadmill this morning at an Embassy Suites in Denver.  One hour at 8.30 pace.  
Now we're up at Vail.  I hope to run every morning, except tomorrow, and maybe Monday.  Possibly miss another one as well.

My goal is to run this trail on the other side of highway 70 that goes from Vail to West Vail.  It traverses the side of the mountain.  Last March, I ran about 3 miles of it, up to 9200 ft. but had to turn back because of the blinding snow and cold.  I also wasn't sure where the trail actually went.

In August, Marty, Pete and I ran up this trail while we were getting ready for Leadville.


If you have time, check out some of our photos from Leadville. Thanks.

4 comments:

Matthew Patten said...

I have run that trail!

5 years ago I was at a conference in Beaver Creek. I ran down the hill, through the town, then adventured through the other side of I70.

Nobody there actually believed I ran down there.

Unknown said...

Wow. What a small world.
We went skiing with the kids today. Snowing, blowing wind, very cold. Very out of shape.
If it remains this cold, windy and snowy, I probably won't be able to run that trail.

Unknown said...

Wow. What a small world.
We went skiing with the kids today. Snowing, blowing wind, very cold. Very out of shape.
If it remains this cold, windy and snowy, I probably won't be able to run that trail.

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

Icy, windy and cold here as well. It's unlikely I'll get out to run today. After our last sub-zero outing my earlobes are a little sensitive.