Monday, December 21, 2009

Professional Photos - What one Does When One Isn't Running

After a year, I've taken the advice of a good friend, bit the bullet, and had professional photos taken of myself. I must say that it was not the most pleasant experience. I'd rather do it again than run a 3 mile run, but I'd rather run a 30 or 50 miler than sit through the photo shoot again.

Strange, isn't it? I'd much rather run 30 miles than 3. Probably because
1. the effort to get dressed and out the door is about the same for each run,
2. it usually takes me about 30 minutes to warm up and start feeling good,
3. on shorter runs, I run too fast and end up never relaxing, and
4. there's so many more bragging rights that come with a 30 miler than with 3.

Needless to say, here is one of the pro shots below. Maybe I'll try Glamour Shots next!

7 comments:

Matthew Patten said...

Can't tell it is you without running clothes on.

Niki said...

I think you should try running 30 miles in that suit, then taking the picture. That's the one I want to see!

SteveQ said...

With a button-down collar, you should've gone with a double-windsor, rather than the four-in-hand knot. But then again, I haven't worn a tie since February!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenna said...

1. yeah. glamour shots. with a sailor hat and/or a boa.

2. might want to delete the previous comment. looks like bad spam. (and this is why i do that annoying word verification.)

Julie Ann Fee said...

i wont take this personally. lol

Unknown said...

Julie
thankfully, this was written long ago so there's no way that I wrote it with your 3.03 in mind.
I've learned so much from my running partner Pete about graciousness. Any run that is good is a great run. And all runs should be good.